Thursday, August 16, 2007

White Spot, Calgary, AB

You must be wondering why I am writing about White Spot. I normally wouldn't write about restaurants that are pretty common, but this White Spot was a little different. What warrants a note for this White Spot is the building itself. My roommate and I went to the White Spot on Macleod Trail just south of Southland Dr.

Ambience

I was amazed as soon as I walked in; amazed that it was a White Spot. It essentially was a large cabin inside the building. It had very high open ceilings and lots of windows. It also had a fireplace in the lounge area. Everything had a wood finish and felt like I was inside a cabin on top of a ski resort. It was a very comfortable place to have dinner.


Menu

The menu was the same as every other White Spot that I've been to. Everything was pretty cheaply priced compared to other similar restaurants (ie. Boston Pizza, Moxies, etc). I ordered my favourite Monty Mushroom burger and was not disappointed. The fries however, were very disappointing. It was soggy, a bit cold, and looked like it had been sitting out for hours. It did not look appetizing at all. Since I was hungry, I just smothered it with the gravy that came with the fries and wolfed them down. The fries were bottomless but I wouldn't get more unless it was a fresh batch. The burger with the fries and a bit of coleslaw came to $10.54 after taxes. Definitely worth it.

Final Comments

The food is the same as any other White Spot, but the place was furnished to be a cabin and it really did feel like it. The next time you decide to go to a White Spot in Calgary, consider this one.

No comments: